Roseann got hit majorly with some runny nose, cough thing. We had a big dust storm one day and she was never really the same after that. At first we thought it was allergies, but my mom had a similar thing and it lasted about a week. Poor grandma, not the best way to end her stay with us.
Jaxon was the sickest we've ever seen him to date. On Thursday, he seemed just fine. Didn't really eat much supper, and was being whinier than usual, but we didn't think anything of it. I was holding Kodee, and Jaxon came over and just stared at me for about 30 seconds, I was like, what's going on in your head, and than the fountain of youth erupted from within him. All over our brand new couch and me. That first eruption became one of about 15 or so in the next 24 hours. The poor kid just couldn't keep anything down. He was SO nauseated. It was kind of sad, because he was so cute and cuddly while he was feeling sick. I kind of wish he was like that more, minus the sick part. My mom confessed to us that she always like it when I was sick as a kid, because I really mellowed out and was much more of a pleasure to have around. (That's exactly how we felt.) Now he's back to normal and raising havoc like his good little spaztic self knows to do.
Ari and I were spared from the sickness, but have been definitely suffering in the sleep department. (Especially Thursday night.) I'm really proud of myself for going to work on Friday and sticking it through after having such little sleep. Last year it would have been a completely different story.
Ari turned 26 this week! Yay, she caught up to me. And might I just add she's the most gorgeous 26 year old on the planet?? We had a nice little birthday on Thursday (before the sick monster came to town.) She's all set in the book, DVD, and puzzle department. I got her "Upwords" we still haven't played it yet, but if it has to do with letters and words, it can't go wrong for her. We're going to have a little party tonight with some ward friends, so it'll be fun to stretch her birthday out a bit.
Oh, I forgot to mention we went and saw Highschool Musical 3 this week in the theater. I have to admit it was pretty awesome. We loved it, and thought that each musical number just kept getting better and better. We were especially surprised because we weren't that impressed with the 2nd movie. The third makes up for the bomb the second was. Go see it, and enjoy it from a cheesy, youthful perspective. There's no way you can't have fun while watching it. (Unless you don't have a soul.) :)
Now I must go and have a good laugh watching, "Get Smart!" That's what she said. . . .
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Ari!! We'll come play the new game with you...and we'll beat you!!
I'm sorry you've had 2 little sicklings in your home. That is no fun for anyone. I hate it when my kids are sick and I can't make it better. Happy Birthday Ari, hope you had a good day. And I hope everyone feels better.
Happy Birthday Ari!! Too bad you've had sick ones. No fun!! Looks like things are going great other than sick kids. You look great Ari!
first---your wife and kids are SOOOOOO cute---man you did good jordan!!! :)
high school musical 3---still gotta see it!!! woo hoo!!
i'm SOO with your wife...not into the cake...much more into cookies---happy bday!!!
Happy Birthday! Way to multitask Ariana! Breastfeeding and blowing out candles at the same time!! ;)
Post a Comment