My 19-20 week ultrasound happened to be the morning of Gemma's birthday! I could barely do anything the day before I was so excited to find out. It's not only nice to know so you can prepare the clothes and bedding, when I know what we're having I feel more connected to the baby and start to think of it as more of a person than a thing. And we can narrow down names. Anyway, the baby was very curled with the legs up and over her head. That's right, I said her, it's a GIRL! We were shocked! Especially Jordan. He got really quiet so I asked him if he was okay. He was happy for a girl, but he said how long it's been since we've held a baby boy. We have lots of baby boys in our ward to hold. I will love having 2 and 2. That's all I've ever wanted since I was little. I didn't think it was going to happen especially having 2 boys in a row.
We were so unsure of names until the ultrasound, but now we're pretty set on Charlotte. Within the last week the boys have started referring to the baby as Lottie. While Jordan was reading to Gemma the other night she pointed at a baby on the page and said, "Charlotte." It makes me smile. I think we found a winner.
1 comment:
Congratulations! How exciting, my sister has a Charlotte and I love that name!
Post a Comment