Well it's all come to an end. I will sure miss my seniors i lost this year. Two in particular were my tickets to quite a few All State events- so I have some younger class men that are definitely going to have some big shoes to fill.
I was able to get through Taste of Sound and Bel Canto auditions- lists are all figured out for next year. That's always hard to post those lists knowing how many people are going to be sad. We had an awesome turn out at the Taste Call Backs- over 60 kids came to learn a dance routine. I had to choose the top 26 out of those kids- tough decisions. I'm confident that they're gonna ROCK next year! I also got the green light from the principal to start planning a tour/show choir competition trip to San Diego or Branson. Haven't decided which one to go to yet, but they're both Fame Show Choir Competitions, that will lead to a national competition in Indiana in the spring. The kids will be so STOKED to actually get to go somewhere and prepare our show with a purpose! I hope I can keep my sanity next year!!
I gave my finals while pushing through my comatose mono state- I barely even remember those last two weeks, but at least I never called in sick and I was able to finish strong. The seniors did a great job singing at the graduation, and the middle schoolers were awesome at their promotion. It has been such a wonderful year of such strong talent! I'll always remember what an awesome third year of teaching I had! I can't believe I've successfully completed three full years of teaching! I remember the first two weeks at Higley, thinking I wasn't going to make it to Christmas- now the time seems to just fly by! I'm so happy that now I get to spend some good solid time with my family at home this summer. I can already tell the boys love having me around, and are thriving with the added attention they're able to get from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment