Monday, April 5, 2010

La la la la la la la la

It's a random title I know, but I wanted something fun that doesn't really have anything to do with what this post is about.

For all those people in primary you know March's theme song was "Follow the Prophet." Seeing as there is 9 verses to the song I wanted to do something different that would make the kids excited about learning all 9 verses. The previous chorister was thoughtful enough to give me all the sites she looks at to get singing time ideas. I poked around all of them, found a cute idea and used it, but only for 3 verses. Jordan and I looked some more and he found a blog where a lady drew and colored 9 cute posters. I loved them! Her blog is:basicprimarymusic.blogspot.com I thought about doing them for a few days and by Thursday I was so excited about making them that I could think of nothing else. (Because of this Jaxon ended up at the park down the street by himself but that's another story) I went to Wally World and got some poster board and 2 packages of markers. I drew the first poster (Adam) and then gave that task to Jordan after I saw what I did and how long I took to do it. After being diagnosed with Strep again (3rd time this school year) Jordan graciously spent some of Friday night drawing the 8 other posters and we stayed up til 2 coloring them. (He also had to buy 5 more packets of markers and ended up backing up into a trailer, and that's another story too!) Poor guy!! We spent many hours on Saturday still coloring and finished them at 1 in the morning. I took on a huge project! But, after seeing the finished product I'm so happy I was crazy enough to do it and so grateful that Jordan was with me 100%. He did awesome! Thank you! Be prepared to be amazed!

Adam

Enoch
Noah (My favorite!)
Abraham
Moses
Samuel
Jonah(Jordan's favorite)
Daniel
Pres. Monson (I love Jaxon's face on this one; I think he looks like President Monson)


Our plan is to have them for many, many years. I used them the next Sunday and the kids (and adults) loved them too! I'll be using these bad boys in the Primary Program for sure! Jordan went and got them laminated so now they should last a really long time!

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

our primary made posters like this too---Lucy loves them. Yours are really cute!

Unknown said...

Yay! These are awesome, and you will have them for years! Great investment. And way to go Jordan for being the supportive husband! You guys are too cute. James and I are moving to Utah soon... we definitely need to get together.

mrs t said...

You must be the primary chorister now? And it's obvious why! Those posters are AWESOME!! Great job!

Sharron said...

Oh my goodness. what a lot of work but that is what makes these kids learn their songs and love their primary choristers. they are so cute and will be lots of incentive for the little angels!

Rob and Marseille said...

what a great idea! thanks for sharing the website!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh my goodness! They are so cute! I'm sure they were a hit! You guys are awesome!

Lisa/Scott said...

ADORABLE!!!! DARLING!!!! TALENTED!!!! HILARIOUS!!! AWESOME!!
SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

(sorry about the strep though!)

Janiel said...

Holy Cow ARI!!! I love them! those kids are lucky! (ps its been forever since i checked your blog ~) sweetsauce!