Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to the best Mommy ever!!



This is a post dedicated whole-heartedly to my beautiful, lovely, praiseworthy, and of good report wife! I just love this lil' gal and can't imagine my life with out her. I hope she had a great day. I was trying to make it very special so I made her breakfast in bed (french toast and scrambled eggs), kept Jax out of her hair while she was getting ready, and got her the BEST mother's day present ever: a PINK Nintendo DS! I thought I'd just check to see if it was at Target, cause they're ALWAYS sold out, and sure enough there were only 2 left, and one was pink. I took it as a sign and knew it was the perfect present. She got the New Super Mario Bros. game and Enchanted! (she secretly thinks she's Giselle by the way!) It seemed to be a hit, now we just gotta let Jax know it's off limits. Now Ari doesn't have to go to the McCune's blog to play the mario widget they have downloaded there:)

Yesterday I felt the baby kick for the first time! This has been such a different pregnancy this time around. There are times I even forget she's pregnant. This medicine she has this time around gives her a whole new life and we're so grateful for that! With Jax's pregnancy I was obsessed with every step of the way, but it also made it last a lot longer. This time (at least to me) it's flying by. We find out what we're having on Wednesday and can't wait!!!

Last but not least, I've tried to think of one last special way to let Ari know how much I love her and I came across a list of 100 things I love about Ari in my journal that I wrote when we were engaged! I had to add after about 75 so you will definitely see the maturity in our relationship and how our love has grown! Here goes:

100 Things I love about Ariana

1. Love of the Gospel
2. Loves her family
3. Crazy facial expressions
4. Beautiful voice
5. Piano skillz
6. Willingness to try new things
7. She can cook!
8. Cross stitching extraordinaire
9. My little movie buddy
10. The way she kisses me
11. Runs her fingers through my hair
12. Stubbornness about food she doesn't like:)
13. Patient with me
14. Love for sports
15. Her modesty
16. Her flawless skin
17. Her long fingers
18. Cute feet!
19. Long hair (well it used to be:)
20. The way she smells
21. She looks at me (and thinks I'm cute!)
22. Her laugh
23. No fear of what anyone thinks about her
24. Very assertive, isn't afraid to speak her mind
25. "My Heart Will Go On" talent show at BYU
26. Her Betty
27. Loves kids
28. Loves my family (nieces/nephews)
29. Speaks the language of music
30. Loves spicy food
31. Loves randomnosity
32. Beautiful without makeup
33. Is a night owl (this was trick that lured me in while we were dating! She's really not a night owl that trickster!!!)
34. Health nut/fruit queen
35. Responsible
36. Has hymns memorized
37. Will bust out on the spot and perform
38. Likes to cuddle
39. Simple/elegant/beautiful
40. Unselfish
41. Isn't shy
42. Hair color- can it be defined??
43. Frugal
44. Realistic
45. Faithful
46. The way her mouth smells when I kiss her! (this isn't getting to personal is it? HA HA)
47. Willingness to "fashionize"
48. The way she curls her hair
49. Bossy at work- she demands respect!
50. Her eye shadow- yummy!
51. Her silky legs
52. The way she bites her tongue when smiling
53. Her ruddy, blushy cheeks
54. Makes me feel like a million dollars
55. So passionate about songs she loves
56. She's bouncy
57. Cute freckles
58. Considerate- ALWAYS
59. The way she looks at Jaxon- and shows me that she loves me through him! (These are obviously newer)
60. Her courage
61. Her faith that things will work out
62. Her innate "mommy-ness"
63. Her supportiveness in me
64. Board game junkie!
65. Puzzle mania
66. The ultimate pillow!
67. Makes a mean Orange Julius
68. Talks to me for hours on end when I'm driving and bored
69. Her fast metabolism
70. Her ability to record in a studio
71. Her crazy, zaney, dance moves- she don't care!
72. Loves to go to church on Sundays! (Lives for it actually!)
73. Never-ending patience with Jaxon- AND ME
74. Her FHE Lessons!:) So wise
75. Helps me remember to read the scriptures
76. Loves to listen to my mission stories
77. Read my mission journals!
78. Loved meeting old members, converts, and investigators in my mission field!
79. Loves conference!
80. Makes the best conference cinnamon rolls
81. Let's me relax after a hard day (without making me feel guilty!)
82. Let's me be the one in the family who loves bubble baths. (She can't stand them and I think it's hilarious! I mean. . . she is the girl!)
83. Is so defiant about eating chocolate.
84. Does her hair differently (variety in all things!)
85. Can wear a buckle shirt like no other!!
86. Looks great in a pair of Buckle Jeans!
87. Jumps into cold swimming pools!
88. Loves Ne-yo, Chris Brown, Rhianna, (All singers she NEVER would have listened to before I came along!)
89. Will sit down watch the office with me.
90. Loves Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy (Thursday nights baby- woo hoo!)
91. Sits through my endless critiques of American Idol singers
92. Loves spaghetti and anything italian
93. Secretly thinks she's italian
94. Would willingly go and live in Italy one day
95. She's willing to put her body through another horrendous pregnancy
96. Tears up whenever she sees a baby on a tv, commercial, in a store. . . wherever
97. Understands the plan of salvation
98. Understands and loves her role as a mother in our house
99. Loves her own mother and mother-in-law unconditionally
100. For being my new mom now that I've cut the apron strings and have finally launched into adulthood!

P.S. I just have to let it be known that this dress she is wearing is the same dress she wore the day we were married at the luncheon (AND SHE'S 5 MONTHS PREGO ON HER SECOND PREGNANCY!) How's that for amazing!

8 comments:

Bon said...

so cute! it was fun seeing you guys the other day. she is the perfect match for you jordan!

Ashley said...

What a great post! She is so awesome for being able to wear that dress!

manda carol said...

You guys are so cute. I've never met her but she sounds incredible. What a great couple! Jaxon and baby are so blessed to have such great parents!

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey Jordan, your family is so cute!!! That was a nice post about your wife!!! :) This is Marisa Rowley Rasmussen

The Richards said...

Jordan I love your post about your wife, she seems great! Hey I was listening to your music and I love it, it is fantastic and your pop stuff is so fun my girls were sitting here dancing away! Hey when we were in school a girl wrote a song that was in college and we heard it I remember walking by you and you humming it, some of the lyrics were have you felt his wounds have you seen his face, have you looked into his loving eyes as he said my child i gave my life for you, have you felt his wounds? anyways those words go through my head over and over and i have to find the song, let me know if you have any idea what i am talking about..Amber
nitroman19@blogspot.com

Maranda said...

Hey Ariana, I don't know if you have time, but I tagged you, so if you get a chance, I'd love to see your answers!

Unknown said...

Love it! I would love to see you guys when you come out to D.C.!!! I am totally here!

Bonniesblog said...

You have a beautiful family. Your little guy is too cute. From Ambers mom. Bonnie